Thursday, September 19, 2013

Unpredictable Events

Have you ever had a weekend just not go your way? I knoweveryone has and this past weekend was my turn. I was supposed to attend one ofmy dear friend’s wedding in Birmingham and go to another friends shower onSunday afternoon which I did not make. Friday night was pretty low key whichconsisted of Jon and I going to dinner with Beau after Jon got off work. On thedrive back from dinner my car started acting funny and the lights on thedashboard all lit up. We got home safely and Jon suggested that I not goanywhere the next day because he was not sure my car would make it. I agreedand decided to spend the day around the house and get ready for the weddingthat night. Jon went to work early Saturday morning and Sandy came to pick up Beauaround 11 so he could spend the day with them. I cleaned the house and didthings here and there until I got bored. I decided my car was fine and I wouldmake it to the store and back so I left the house. I decided to make a detourand stop at one of my favorite little shops in Madison before going to thestore. Jon called while I was in the store and I told him where I was and hewas a little concerned that I had left the house. I assured him that I was fineand my car was ok b/c it was driving fine. I headed to the grocery store andwhen I was almost there all the lights on my dashboard lit up and within 30seconds my car died while I was driving it. I did not panic because luckily Iwas in the right hand lane and could cruse into a parking lot close by. My gaspedal would not work and my power steering went out which was very strange.Luckily I made it to the parking lot safely and just sat there thinking of whoI could call to come get me because walking home was not an option. I called myfriend Tina and she was not home so she called her sister to see if she couldcome get him. Her sister Sarah was so nice to come give me a ride back home! Wewere both kind of in a hurry because the Bama game was starting in about 45 minutes!I left my car locked in the parking lot and made it home safely thanks toSarah! I reluctantly called Jon and told him my car died and he was happy I washome safe but said “see Cat, I told you not to leave the house.” I felt bad Idid not listen to him because he was so right. That situation could have beenreally dangerous if I was on my way to Birmingham alone that night on theinterstate. I think God was watching out for me! Well after about the thirdquarter of the Bama game I realized that we had no food in the house and Jonhad called to say he would be home around 8 so I had to find something to eat.At that point it was too late for me to make the wedding so I could notgo.  I had no car, no food, no baby andno husband so I was all alone. I messaged my friend/neighbor Courtney to seewhat they were doing and luckily they were watching the Bama game. She told meto walk on over to finish watching the game with them and to eat some food theyhad grilled a few hours earlier. I was so grateful to get out of the house so Iwalked on over to their house. The game was actually pretty intense. TexasA&M was really giving Alabama a run for their money. After the game wasover (Bama won) and I had filled up my belly I walked on back to the house andJon was home soon after that. Sunday morning we got up early to go get my carto take it to the shop. Luckily it cranked right up and we could drive it toFirestone and we did not have to get a tow truck. After assessing my car theguys called to say that some valve caps had leaked oil all over the alternatorwhich made it stop working. So $969 later I now have a new alternator and valvecaps…woohoo! Lesson learned: listen to your husband because he knows more aboutcars that you do JWell unfortunately I could not make it to the wedding or the shower b/c of allthe crazy things that happened and I was really sad about that. I hope my caris good to go for a long time now and nothing else happens that crazy for awhile now.

On another note, Beau had a great time with Jon’s parents.He ended up spending the night with them because they wanted to watch theAuburn game and it would have been really late if they waited to bring him homeafter the game. They took him to church the next day and dressed him in themost adorable outfit that my Aunt Becky gave him.




They brought him back Sunday afternoon and we finally got toall spend some time together. What a crazy weekend it was!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment