Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fun Around The House

This weekend was pretty low key. Friday night after Jon got off work we went out to dinner and then headed home to watch some TV until we all fell asleep.



 Jon had to work on Saturday so Beau and I had the day to our self. We met our friend Courtney and her precious baby Presley for a stroll around the mall. The Bridge Street mall is a great place to walk around outside with your stroller. We went in a few shops and had lunch at a delicious place called Lime. The babies were so good! They put up with our shopping for 3 hours! Love them!





 
That night we went over to our neighbors house to watch the Auburn game which was low key and fun. I started a new craft project this weekend which was so much fun. I love burlap door hangers and so I decided to make one myself. I could never understand why those things sold for so much money but painting them can be a challenge because the fabric soaks up the paint so fast. I need to do more projects like this because I had forgotten how much I enjoy it!



 

Beau is getting more and more active so he is not as content just sitting in his swing during the day. Jon and I are now trying to find ways to entertain him so we put up the Johnny Jump-Up on Sunday. Beau loved getting in there and moving his feet around. The little swing has toys that light up and play music when you touch them so he loved making them light up. He would smile and coo while moving around. It was a great workout for his little legs and he was pretty tired by the end of day after all that moving around.


 

Jon has been working super long hours so Sunday was a day of rest for him and cleaning for me. He normally does not get home until around Beau’s bed time so I have been taking care of Beau on the weekdays by myself. It is a lot of fun but a lot of work at the same time! So Sunday I was excited to have Jon watch Beau so I could get things done around the house. I cleaned the entire house top to bottom and realized that it needed it badly. Jon cut the grass that afternoon which was a fantastic help and I felt so bad for him because he was so exhausted but he is really good at helping out. When we got married Jon said that he would always take care of the outside and I would do the majority of the inside and he has kept his word b/c our yard looks great most of the time! Jon’s job is going great. He LOVES it! This is the first job that he really loves and we are so grateful that he has gotten this opportunity to work with such a great company. This is corn season so they are working about 70 hours a week to get all the corn sold and shipped all over the world. It is a booming business!





The weekend could only have been better if Jon would have been home with us but corn season will be over in 8 weeks so maybe things will slow down for him a bit then. All is well in the Reynolds household and we hope this upcoming week is just a great!

No comments:

Post a Comment