Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Our New Life


My mom stayed with us that first week and I am not sure what I would have done without her! My brother and dad headed back home to Daphne once we got home and were settled. They had to go back to work. I did not mention this earlier but while we were in the hospital my family stayed at our house and helped us out so much with so many things. They fixed things that needed some attention, changed the oil and tires on my car, put our new grill together, fixed our ice maker and filled our house with food. We really appreciate all they did for us!

Mom helped me get in some sort of routine. She made sure we were fed, the house was clean and assisted us with things with Beau. She was a huge help because I was able to take care of myself and Beau while she took care of all the house stuff. Jon was a huge help too! He changed Beau’s diapers and would rock him. I was breastfeeding so I mainly fed him but once I got used to pumping then he could give him a bottle. We did supplement with formula at night because the doctor said the formula would help push the jaundice out of his body. Even though his numbers were not in the dangerous level, he still had jaundice for about a week after he was born. I was very happy when Jon fed him because that allowed me some time to myself. Life as we knew it before was gone but a new and exciting life had just begun!

First diaper change







 
Mom also helped give him his first bath at home. He was so small for the little bath tub chair and kept falling forward. We tried bathing him in the sink but we quickly found that the bathtub was the best place. The bath calmed him down and he enjoyed it.








No comments:

Post a Comment