Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Night at the Grandparents

Jon’s parents are so sweet to call us and offer to keep Beau some afternoons which gives us a break and allows me to clean the house or go to the store. When you have a baby you will take any break that you can get! Going to the store is not easy when you have to time the trip just right so the baby is asleep, then you have to take the carrier inside the store and load it up in the buggy (without waking the baby) and then run around the store as quick as you can so you get out of there before the baby wakes up. What a rat race! SO it is always nice when you can go ALONE! Sandy called on Wednesday and asked if we wanted her and Hughey to keep Beau overnight on that Friday. I quickly said YES and could not wait to call Jon. I really do LOVE my baby but a night of pure silence sounded so wonderful. That Friday afternoon I took Beau over to Sandy’s office to drop him off. I had packed everything I could think of and dropped him off with about 5 bags. I wanted to make sure they had everything they needed. Jon and I had plans to go out to eat and get a Red Box movie. We thought we would stay up late and watch the movie but I ended up going to be at 10pm. I was not going to stay up late when I could go to bed and get some good rest!

 I was a little worried that Beau was going to keep them up that night but he ended up only getting up one time to eat. Jon and I called and texted them a few times that night to check to see how things were going and they sent us this picture…..things were great!







No comments:

Post a Comment