Monday, March 3, 2014

2nd Ear Infection

The weather here in Huntsville has been so crazy. One day it will be 70 degrees/sunny and the next will be 27/misty rain. It is the perfect weather for getting people sick. I am just amazed how babies will one day be perfectly fine and the next they will be super sick. You really never know what the next day will hold I guess.

Beau woke up last Wednesday with a cough and runny nose. I thought it was just a cold so I took him to Mrs. Pats on my way to work because he was acting like his happy self. Around 10am she called me on my cell and said that Beau had a temp of 101.6 and was miserable. I quickly called Jon, who was home working and he rushed over to get him. I let my boss know that I was headed home to care for my sick little man. On my way home I did a lot of thinking about how often he had been sick and that we might need to take another approach to medicine. I have been reading rave reviews on Facebook from my friends who have started using Essential Oils and how they were replacing the modern day medicine. I called my friend Jessica who is a distributor and made an appointment to meet her around lunch to get a sample to try on Beau. I also called Beau’s pediatrician office to set up an appointment for him that afternoon.

I got home and Beau was sound asleep on Jon’s shoulder. He was so pitiful! Obviously he had a fever and did not feel like his happy self. It is so sad to see little babies so sick. Jon put him in his bed and he took a 2.5 hour nap. I did some work around the house and started reading up on the oils. I could not wait to get my hands on some and see how these magical things worked!

I got Beau up in time to go meet Jessica. We decided to meet at Chick-fil-A at 12:30 and so I ended up getting there a little early. We walked in the restaurant and rounding the corner was our pediatrician. We stopped to talk to her and I told her that Beau was sick and we were meeting a friend to talk about essential oils. She told me that she uses the oils on her three girls and highly recommends them. She said that she cannot talk to her patients about them because she is not licensed but would be happy to talk to me further next week at our 9 month check-up. I told her that Beau has been on Amoxicillin three times and he has stopped reacting to it. She said that a lot of kids become immune to it so finding an alternate method would be smart. After she left I felt so good about my decision to try the oils. That was a sign from God that I was going in the right direction which made me so happy!

Jessica brought all kinds of samples for me to try and a wonderful book for me to read about using oils on babies. She left me with detailed instructions on how to use them on Beau and I ordered my first starter kit. I now can get oils for 24% off and will be able to share my knowledge with other mom’s if the oils actually do work!

We left Chick-fil-A and headed to the pediatricians office. Our normal pediatrician (the one I ran into in the restaurant) was off that day so we were seeing someone else. She checked Beau from head to toe and decided that he had another ear infection. She gave us a prescription to Amoxicillin and we were headed home. I had to make a quick/hard decision about filling the medication so I called Jon. We talked and decided not to fill the medicine and try the oils. Of course this made me uneasy. All I have ever known is when you get sick you go to the doctor, get a prescription, fill it, take it and get better. It was hard getting out of my comfort zone but I was interested to see how the oils would work. I said a little prayer and headed to the house.

When we got home I took out all the little bottles of oil and rubbed them on Beau just like Jessica had said. They smelled amazing! Beau drank a bottle and then laid down for another nap. While he was sleeping I wrote down what oils I had and what each one did. I could not get over how good they smelled! Jon got home and was so excited that I had called Jessica and gotten the oils. He has always been more on the holistic side of life and loves to try new things. He has been taking a lot of yoga classes and they use oils in the class for relaxation and meditation and he feels like they really do help.
Beau slept for two hours and when he got up we could tell he felt a little better. He did not want to play with his toys and just wanted to be held. We read books and snuggled most of the afternoon until it was time for him to take a bath. I drew a warm bath, added some Epsom salt and a few drops of Lavender to the water. He played in the tub and I could tell he was getting some relief by just relaxing in the warm water.  After the bath I went through the entire sequence of oils and he was ready for bed. He slept all night. I could not believe how well he slept. He has never slept all night when he had an ear infection before. The next morning he woke up fever free but still had a runny nose. He had a big smile on his face when I got him out of the bed so he was obviously feeling a little better.

The next few days we kept using the oils and he kept getting gradually better. Jon and I could not believe how well the oils were working and how fast he was getting over his sickness. We both believe that modern day medicine is not good for the body if you have to take it often. We are going to use the oils every day for a preventative measure in hopes that Beau (and us) can stay well.

I love talking about the oils to people because their reactions are all about the same. People cannot believe that something as simple as oils could make such a big difference in someone’s health. I am now a distributor for the oils and would love to talk to anyone who is interested in trying them. They truly are a blessing and have changed our lives for the better!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment