Monday, March 24, 2014

Crunchy Foods

I am a sucker for reading my friends blogs because many of them don’t live close to us. I love how social media has brought us closer together even when we are so far apart. Most of my friends have at least one kid so it is wonderful to compare notes. I know it is bad to compare your child to other kids but it is perfectly normal and I catch myself doing it a lot, especially at each milestone. Beau is right on track with his milestones and is growing like a weed. He is a great eater and sleeper which I thank God for daily. Many of my friends have little girls and I have noticed that girls mature a little faster than boys. Most of my friends started feeding their babies “crunchy” foods about a month before Beau would even try it. I was getting a bit concerned that he was not progressing normally but I just needed to sit back and let him be the boss of his own eating schedule. (I call foods that require chewing to be crunchy, if you were wondering) This month we had a breakthrough and he ate a Puff for the first time last week and it was all over from there. I was so excited! This has opened our food options up in so many ways and he finally can sort of eat what we eat. I got so excited that I fixed him a pancake for breakfast the next day and he loved it! Ever since that day we have been trying out new foods like crazy. He is loving every second of it! His most favorites are Puffs, yogurt drops, pancakes, small pasta, shredded chicken and cheese. I figured out that I can put him in his highchair in the kitchen while I cook dinner and he is perfectly entertained as long as I keep the food on his tray. Genius!!! We still give him pureed foods just to make sure he is getting enough calories and he is drinking his milk but his snack time has exploded with fun finger foods! Having a baby is just so much fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment