Wednesday, December 5, 2012

First Trimester

The week we found out I was measuring at 5 weeks so it was pretty early on. I felt really good for the most part. I began to get tired after work and my nose was running like crazy at night. Other parts of my body had grown a lot and were very sore.  I had not felt nauseous at all but I was nervous that it was coming.  Week 6 was probably my worst week of the first trimester. I felt nauseous one day after eating a bowl of chili and from that day on I did not want to see or smell chili again (I never threw up or even came close). My stomach was cramping and stretching a lot so I was just really uncomfortable. I still had a runny nose and I just felt tired all the time. I spent most of my weekends sleeping and I mean I would sleep all day and all night. During the day I would lay on the couch and watch TV and sleep. At one point Jon asked if I was ok and if I needed anything. I think it really weirded him out to see my like that because normally I am a busy person on the weekends. Normally I would be up early on Saturday mornings making breakfast, cleaning, shopping and just getting things done. On these particular weekends I would let the dishes pile up, the clothes would not get washed, the house would be a mess, I would stay in my PJs and we would order food to eat. Honestly, it was one of the strangest times of my life. I almost lost track of who I was. Monday morning would come and I would think to myself “Gosh I did absolutely nothing this weekend, that really is not good, O well. “ Between week 5 and week 9 I literally would come home from work, get into my PJ’s, lay on the couch until I had to get up to fix dinner and then I would be right back on the couch. I would go to bed every night at 8 and would of course wake up to pee at least once during the night, which was very annoying. This happened every day. My nose congestion was horrible. Some nights I would wake up around 1:30am to pee and I would blow my nose for hours. I would blow my nose so much that blood was coming out, it was so gross. Jon would chose to sleep on the couch most nights because I would keep him up with all my nose blowing. Some nights were better than others but the congestion really never let up.  I do have to say that Jon was an amazing help. He would offer to cook and clean which was a huge help to me. He really picked up the slack and I appreciated him so much. Around week 9 my energy started to come back slowly. I found myself keeping the house a little more clean and I did not sleep as much after work. We had our first ultrasound at week 9 and got to see our little peanut. It was such a cool experience and made things a lot more real for both of us, especially Jon because he is not dealing with a growing baby inside him every day. We were so proud of that little blob on the screen and the heartbeat was 180 beats/minute which was really strong!  Around week 12 I felt normal and had all my energy back. Things were looking up for me! So a brief overview of my first   trimester: very sleepy, very congested, never threw up, was nauseous one time, could not stand chili, could not tolerate any caffeine b/c it would upset my stomach, craved fruit, still wearing my same clothes, upper body parts started growing and were sore, ate normal amount of food and did not gain any weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment