Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22, 2014 One Year Later

Last night Jon and I could not stop talking about what we were doing this time last year. The night before I was induced we spend our time making sure we were packed, the car seat was by the door, our baby’s bag was packed, we ate a good dinner, relaxed on the couch and were in bed by 10pm. I was not sure I would sleep well knowing that I was having a baby the next day but we both ended up sleeping great. My alarm went off at 4am and I literally jumped out of bed and got into the shower. I don’t think I had gotten up that fast in the past 9 months. We both got showers, dressed and were out the door by 4:40am and on our way to the hospital to be induced. I was 39 weeks and ready to have this baby! It was still dark outside and no one was on the streets so we made it to Huntsville Hospital in about 15 minutes. We parked close to the door, passed a Starbucks in the lobby, walked up to the second floor and checked in with the nurse at the desk. We were the only people checking in so we got our arm bands right away and had a seat in the waiting room. We both “checked in” on Facebook to tell our friends and family we had made it to the hospital and we both let out a sigh of relief that we were finally here. We waited about 10 minutes for our nurse to come get us and then followed her to the birthing room. We put our bags on the table, I changed into a gown, Jon settled onto the couch while I crawled onto the hospital bed and the nurse started drilling us BOTH with every question in the book about our health. After Jon answered all this questions he was free to go get a BIG cup of coffee from the downstairs Starbucks and he could hardly wait to get a little caffeine in him. I answered a ton more questions for about ten minutes then the nurse hooked me up to all kinds of monitors and wires. She made sure she had the baby’s heartbeat and mine on the monitor so she could make sure we were both ok at all times. Once I was hooked up then she started the Pitocin, let it drip then left the room. Jon quickly came back after that and we had the best time together. He sprawled out on the couch while I sat in the bed and we talked, laughed, checked Facebook, texted our family and enjoyed the morning news. I did not feel a thing. Around noon his parents came to the hospital to see us and stay for the rest of the day. They hung out with us in our room and in the lobby. My parents left mobile about 6am that morning so they were on I65 heading north to see us! My parents and brother arrived around 2 and hung out with us also in our room until it was GO TIME! We also had our friends Clara, Rachel and Bubba come to the hospital to see us so that was so fun! Once the pressure was too much everyone left the room and around 3:54 our little man came into this world. We did not find out what we were having so we were in shock that a boy came out because everyone thought it was going to be a girl. We were in love from the very second we met him! BEAU WILKINS REYNOLDS came out weighting 8 pounds and 11 ounces. He was finally with us and we were overjoyed! Life was just beginning as we became a family of three and we were so proud! Check recent posts to see more details about the day and our hospital stay.

This year has been an adventure. We have had the best time watching Beau grow and have loved every single milestone that he has reached. So back to today, May 22, 2014……Jon and I both have to work so we wake up around 5:30am. I sneak in Beau’s room to get a picture of him sleeping then more of him when he wakes up. We put on his birthday hat and he actually likes it. We give him a few little gifts, take more pictures, give him breakfast then we are off to work and he is off to Mrs. Pats. We have a long Memorial Day weekend so we plan on celebrating with him all weekend. We are throwing a birthday party for him at our house the following Saturday on May 31st so he will have his real party then with our friends and family. We are so proud our little man and so happy to call him ours!





































No comments:

Post a Comment