Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Every year I come up with some New Year’s resolutions and start off the year with a ton of new goals. This is not a bad thing on my part bust most of the time I come up with about ten things that I think I should change in my life and I can honestly say that less than half really become part of my daily life. This year I decided to come up with three really good ones. I think that if I can come up with just a few that are actually feasible then I will be able to do them. So here they are:

1.      Eat more fruits and veggies. Jon and I hardly ever eat out. I cook for us every night and so we do eat pretty healthy already but we can always add more fruits and veggies to our diet. We have not been sick this year at all and we have been taking EmergenC packets almost every day which has helped a lot but we need to make sure and add the “real” thing into our diet a little bit more. Veggies are something we have a hard time with. We typically have one veggie at night but we need to add a few more. The grocery has a ton of the Steamer Veggies that are so easy to make and are good for you. I plan on ramping up my grocery list each week with a few more healthy items!

2.      Exercise. I have always been a pretty active person. I hate to say that when I was pregnant I was not very active though. I was working full time and when I got home all I wanted to do was sleep. After I had Beau I would walk with my friends around the neighborhood while pushing our strollers. We walked almost every day and some days we would get up to 3 miles. Now that the winter has set in we don’t walk with the babies due to the cold air but I need to get back into some kind of exercising. My body needs the activity and I feel so blah without it!

3.      No phone/iPad until Beau goes to bed at night. This is one that I feel is super important to Beau’s childhood. I want to make sure that when I pick him up from Mrs. Pat’s in the afternoon that I give him my undivided attention and make him feel important. With our world being so driven by social media I see how parents can get all caught up in their electronic devices and not pay attention to their kids. I don’t think that parents really mean for this to happen because our phones are pretty much attached to our hip but if you don’t watch out then it will happen. I would hate for Beau to think that my Facebook or Instagram page is more important than him b/c of course it is not!!!!! So, I am not going to text, talk on the phone, and look at Facebook or anything until he goes to bed. I feel that I can call people back after 6:30pm and the world will not fall apart. Of course, if there is an emergency or if Jon calls to say he is on his way home from work I will answer but other than that I will not. Beau is already growing up too fast and I would hate to miss anything!
Those three things are my goals for 2014. I think they are all very attainable and I cannot wait to start!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment