Thursday, January 23, 2014

Happy New Year!

This was probably the most relaxing, non-eventful New Year’s Eve that I have had in years. The funny thing is that I loved every second of it! Being a mom really changes your life in so many ways and one particular way is that I woke up on New Year’s Day with no hangover! Ok, so that might sound a little bad so maybe I should say I woke up feeling great and full of energy. New Year’s fell in the middle of the week this year which kind of stinks. We really prefer holidays like this to fall on a weekend or closer to the weekend, not on a Wednesday.  Jon got a new gun for Christmas so he was itching to go hunting with one of our close friends during the New Year’s holiday. I agreed that it would be a good for him to have some “guy” time and for me to have to alone time because this rarely happens at our house.

Jon worked on New Year’s Eve and then headed for Mark’s hunting camp that afternoon. Beau went to Mrs. Pats and I had New Year’s Eve off work so I planned a full day of shopping. I got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas so I wanted to see what sales were out there and use them! Beau enjoyed seeing all his little friends at Mrs. Pat’s house so I did not feel guilty leaving him there for the day while I spent the day doing things for myself. I found some awesome black leather boots that I have been wanting and found everything I needed to redecorate our guest bathroom. I also found some great sales on some work clothes so the day turned out to be a great success. I have plans to really decorate our house after the holidays so I thought redoing our guest bath was a good start. I picked Beau up early that afternoon and we played at home for the rest of the evening. He ate a good dinner, played in the bathtub for a while, messed around with Lilly, played with his toys and then was in bed asleep by 6:30pm. After he was asleep I put on my PJ’s and relaxed on the couch. There was one second where I checked Facebook and saw my friends going out and getting ready for a big night and I felt jealous but then that thought was quickly gone. I loved the fact that I was home, with my little man, warm, not out driving around, not fighting crowds and could go to bed early! I did miss the fact that Jon was not sitting next to me on the couch but I was happy that he was out doing what he wanted to do with his good friend. Time apart is always good for the soul! Jon did call to say Happy New Year to both Beau and I so that is all I needed to hear before heading to bed!





 
New Year’s Day started out with this sweet boy getting in bed with me to drink his first bottle of milk.

 
We snuggled for a while and then got up to start out day. We spent the morning playing with toys, eating breakfast, walking in the walker and playing with Lilly. He went down for a nap around 11 and I cleaned the house. I had planned to not leave the house all day, clean the house, do laundry, write Thank You notes and play with Beau. I cleaned the house from top to bottom and it really helped that Beau took a 3 hour nap!

My friend Courtney texted me to see if Beau wanted to go for a ride in Presley’s new red wagon. I quickly said sure! After Beau woke up from his nap I fed him some fruit and got him ready for the big ride around the neighborhood. I was so glad to get out of the house and catch up with my friend. Beau had a great time in the wagon and loved every second of it. He just sat there looking around. Presley seemed excited to have a friend sitting with her. The weather was not too cold. It was in the 50’s so we had the babies all bundled up with coats, hats and blankets so they were warm and toasty! It was a great afternoon treat for both of us. Beau got a red wagon from his Uncle Matt and cannot wait to use ours!



 
That afternoon Jon called to say he was going for his last hunt and would be home around 9pm.  He saw some deer but did not get a shot but he was happy to just be out in the woods. Beau and I hung out that evening, I cooked dinner and got things ready for the two days of work that we had for the week.

I am always sad to see the holidays go. I feel like there is nothing to look forward to and kind of get the winter blues. The holidays this year were full of excitement with it being Beau’s first Christmas. We now have the spring to look forward to but have to get through January and February which are my two least favorite months. Football is over, the holidays are over, and the weather is cold and rainy with not much going on. Oh well, spring will be here before we know it and the warm weather will be here!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year’s holiday! From our family to yours, Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment