Monday, November 17, 2014

Finally Back Home

July was coming to an end and I got a spactacualar phone call one friday afternoon while I was off work. A recruiter from Austal, down in Mobile called to ask me if I would be interested in a job in their security department. I quickly said yes and we talked for a few minutes. He invited me down to Mobile for an interview the following Friday. Jon and I have been trying to find jobs down in the Mobile area for years now so we could be closer to a large portion of our family so this was really exciting. We spent the next few hours figuring out our schedules for the upcoming week and making plans to leave Beau with Jons parents so we could make the trip down south a quick one. Fast forward to the following Friday, I did great in my interview and that afternoon I was offered a job. We were moving to Mobile!

We had 2 weeks to figure out our plans so we put our house up for sale, tell all of our friends, I put in my 2 week notice and make plans to live apart for a while. The weekend in between the 2 weeks we went down to Daphne to search for a school for Beau. Our biggest obstacle was Jon's job. We decided to have me and Beau go down to Daphne first while Jon stayed up in Huntsville while our house sold. Beau and I were going to live with my parents and hope that our house sold quickly. We were taking a chance and were all in. 

Those next 2 weeks were crazy and stressful. We found a Montessor school for Beau to go to which happens to be right outside of my parents neighborhood so it could not be any more perfect. We packed up half of our house and piled the boxes in the garge for storage. We had to go through everything we owned to see what we were going to take or leave behind. It was still summer weather so we left all of our winter clothes .We had to pack up everything Beau was going to need which was practically everything he owned besides furniture. We spent after work and most of the nights packing and sorting our stuff. We managed to find some time to relax and be together knowing that we were going to live apart for  who knows how long. We were scared but very excited at the same time. I had not lived in my parents house in about 10 years so living with them was going to be interesting. Jon did not want to be away from us, escpecially Beau for any longer than he had to so we decided we would see him every other week, if possible. Our plan was to leave Huntsville on Saturday, August 16th and that was a pretty emotional weekend, to say the least. We told our friends goodbye which was tough. Telling my good friend Courtney and her baby Presley was the hardest. She and I were pregnant together and had our baby's 3 months apart. She and I walked the neighborhood every chance we got. We leaned on each other for moral support, complained about not getting enough sleep, cried together because we were hormonally off balance, shared exciting "firsts" that our babies were doing at the time, gripped about pumping, laughed about the funny things as first moms did and over all just were best friends. I cherrished those walks and miss them all the time.

 Huntsville was a great place to live but deep down I really missed home. I was so excited that I was moving home and about to be able to share my life with my family. This was a dream come true!

Well back to that Saturday that we left. Im telling you it was tough. Jon's parents came over to see us off. I don't think I could have packed another thing in my car. I could not see out the back windown and Beau was stuffed in his seat with no room to wave his arms. We pulled out the drive way with tears in our eye but with happy hearts, knowing that life was about to change forever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment