Monday, November 17, 2014

Daphne

Daphne is where home is. My parents have lived in the same house for 25 years and where the majority of our family lives. My parents live there, my brother, Jon's brother and wife and my cousins. I am so thankful that God has brought us down south to be with all of them. We will of course miss Jon's parents in Huntsville but they will be coming to visit a lot. 

Beau and I arrived in Daphne that saturday afternoon and moved in my parents house. Of course my mom had a huge dinner waiting on us which is one of my favorite things about going home. They always make things so special for our visits. Beau was thrilled to get out of the car and excited to see them. We spent the evening relaxing and catching up. Sunday was spent organizing our clothes, going to the store, putting all of Beau's toys away and getting ready for the big week ahead. Beau started school for the first time ever at the Eastern Shore Montessori school in Daphne and I started my new job. 


Walking in on his first day.
Such a big boy!

Beau has always gone to an inhome daycare so this was a huge change for him. He was going to be in an actual school so we were nervous about how he was going to do. We had to send a buch of diapers, wipes, change of clothes, nap mat and sippy cup with him. We did not have a nap mat so mom and I had to go to Target to find him one. It was mid-August so of course Target and Walmart was all picked over so we had to get him one of those plastic mats and mom made him a cover really quick that eveing. We were scrambling. Beau's first day of school was great! The teachers said he was very smart, sweet, played very well with other kids, ate a bunch of food, nevre cried, slept on his mat for 2 hours like a bit boy and loved the play ground. We were all so relieved to know that he was in such good hands and really enjoyed school! What a relief!!

My first day at Austal was great. I had orientation for 2 days from 6:30am until 4pm both days so I was really busy. Wednesday was my first real day in the office and I loved my coworkers from day one. I had my own office in the Executive Area on the 3rd floor so I was pumped and ready to get started! God sure has blessed our family and we are forever thankful for that. 

Jon was up in Huntsville working and looking for work down here. Our house is on the market with little activity so we are hoping things pick up pretty soon. 

Here are some pictures from our first days at home:

Eating a snack after school

Playing with Uncle Brown (my brother)

Waiting for mom's macaroni to cook

Playing in his toy closet

We are loving it here!



No comments:

Post a Comment