Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sunny Weekend

The weather has been nothing but warm and sunny until Monday of this week but we have enjoyed every bit of it. This past weekend we decided that we would do as much outside as possible. Thursday evening we had our good friends Rachel and Bubba and their kids over for dinner. The weather was warm and the sun did not go down until after 7 so it was a great night to spend outside grilling with friends. They brought steaks and we made a few sides/dessert and we ate so well! After dinner Rachel and I took the kids on a walk around the neighborhood in the strollers while the guys hung out. It was a perfect night with friends!

 Friday was my off day from work, I take off every other Friday from work so I can have some “me” time. Typically on those days I will get my hair cut, go shopping, lunch with friends, clean the house, doctors’ appointments, or just relax without anyone around. Beau still goes to Mrs. Pat’s but I try to pick him up a little early so we can enjoy the afternoon together. I could not survive without these Fridays! So back to last weekend. On Friday I went shopping and found something that I had been looking for. I found this!


I quickly called Jon to see when he would be home from work so we could take Beau for a ride. He said he would be home early afternoon so I spent the rest of the day visiting with my good friend/neighbor Melissa and cleaning the house. When Jon got home we put the pod together and attached it to my bike. We were ready to roll! We picked up Beau and took him on a ride. He LOVED it!










Friday night we grilled out again but this time it was just us. We put a big blanket in the grass outside and played with Beau until our pork chops were cooked. It was so fun being outside in the evening. Beau loves to be outside and really loves the grass. He will crawl around and pick the grass and try to eat it. He knows it does not taste good but every once in a while he would try it again. He is in the adventure stage where he wants to see what is going on all around him. He will study a piece of grass so closely. It is so fascinating to watch. Jon and I did have a parenting fail while we were out there. Jon was busy grilling and I went inside to check on my side dish. When I came back out I saw something brown under Beau’s lip. I knew the grass was not brown so we quickly realized the he had tried a little piece of Lilly’s dried up poop. Yep, GROSS! We felt awful that he ate that but hopefully he will never do that again. We always try to pick up Lilly’s droppings but I guess we missed a little. After that we headed inside. Beau went to bed and we enjoyed our dinner. Cheers to a great night outside!








On Saturday morning we wanted to get outside as fast as we could because it was sunny and warm so we loaded up the baby and dog and headed to the park. There is a great dog park/kid park about 15 minutes from our house. Lilly is able to run around with other dogs while Beau swings. It was a perfect way to start our day.



Jon had to check up on a few jobs in the middle of the day Saturday so Beau and I took a nap. He is a big nap taker and will sleep 2-3 hours every day which is nice. Saturday evening Jon’s mom came to get Beau so he could stay at their house and we could have a night out. Jon and I went out to eat and then went by Lowe’s to pick up some plants for our garden. This year we have a big space for a garden so we wanted to get our plants in the ground as soon as possible. We came home and got our garden planted and finally sat down around 10:30pm. It was a late night but a lot of fun!

Sunday we went to church at 9:30 and then went to a little sandwhich shop downtown for lunch. It was so good! It is called the Sandwhich Farm and I was shocked how good it was! After that we headed up to Monte Sano to mountain bike. We had a blast on the Family trail and wore ourselves out. After 3 hours of riding we headed home to get a shower and rest. Jon went to pick Beau up from his parents’ house that evening while I stayed home to get ready for the week.

Our weekend was great and we could not have asked for better weather. We love days that are sunny and warm. The summer is coming up and we are ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment