Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I See Me!

This past weekend was a very relaxing weekend and it seemed to go by too fast. Jon’s parents kept Beau on Friday night so we could have a date night. Time away from Beau makes me sad but we need the down time every once in a while. Jon and I went to our favorite sushi place in Madison called EDO then headed home to relax and watch some football. Jon worked all day on Saturday so I got some girl time with my friend Melissa. She and I started our day off at Dirt Cheap which is by far one of our favorite stores EVER! It is an addiction that is contagious! After we bought less than $10 worth of awesome stuff we headed over to the Madison Street Festival where we walked around for about an hour. You would think that October 6th would be a cool sunny day but no, it was a hot (86 degree) day so we ended up only staying there for less than an hour. We headed over to a great little Mexican restaurant in Madison to cool down and eat because we were starving. That afternoon we parted ways and I went to pick up Beau from the Reynolds and headed home to wait for Jon and watch the Auburn game.

*Auburn socks

 Once Jon got home we loaded up Beau and went to Jayme and Melissa, our neighbors, to watch the game with them. They are Arkansas fans so we had to flip the channels back and forth but everyone was fine with that. Auburn beat Ole Miss so Jon was beyond happy! Melissa and I baked cookies and talked about girl stuff while the boys yelled at the TV. Beau slept in his little rocker for most of the night so he was a joy to have around. Sunday was full of PJ’s and laziness. Beau and I did manage to get out of the house and grocery shop at Publix for a few things. He was so much fun to take with me!

 

We watched NFL games and played with Beau the entire day so it was a very relaxing weekend. Sometimes I have to get creative with things for Beau to do because he is just like us, in that he gets bored too. I put one of our mirrors on the floor sideways so he could see himself while he played and he loved it. He actually saw himself and thought it was funny! Lilly got in on the action too and thought there was another dog I the house which was too funny! I love days where we don’t go anywhere and we can wear our PJ’s all day! It’s the little things in life that make all the difference!






 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment