Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays. It is such a fun time of year. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cooler, football season is in full swing, pumpkins are out in the stores, the smell of pumpkin spice is everywhere and kids are getting their costumes ready for Trick-or-Treating. I guess it is a time when everyone, no matter how old, can act like kids again. I just love decorating the house for fall and putting pumpkins on the front porch.

This year I participated in a pumpkin carving contest at work. Can anyone guess what I carved..........an owl! Hooty-whoooo! It came out pretty good!

The Owl



Also this year, I got to dress up for work. I looked and looked for a good costume that was appropriate for work and this was the winner.......a bee! Wow I look ridiculous but it was fun! Jon dressed up too but I did not get a picture of him in his scary mask and black cape.
I'm a dork....I know!
This was our first year to actually have trick-or-treaters come to our door because last year we were in an apartment. I bought tons of candy in anticipation that we were going to have tons of kids....and we did! I am not sure who had more fun, the kids or Jon. The kids would knock on the door and Jon would throw on his scary mask, answer the door and growl. It was hilarious!

Lilly tried to dress up this year. I thought her Spider costume would still fit from last year but I was wrong, so she had to wear her pumpkin sweater. She had a blast barking at all the kids and sniffing the candy bucket.




Well that is about it from Halloween. I hope everyone had a spooktaculartime!



No comments:

Post a Comment