Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Fun

I really have been a huge slacker with this blog so this is going to cover a lot of events. I think my last post was back in March so I will start with April. Jon and I played on my company's softball team. We were called the Pinnacle Pounders and we played against other company's around town. It was a blast! Our season started in April and ended the last week of July so we played all summer. Jon rocked left field and I played catcher. This was a recreation league so most of the games were pretty laid back. We ended up placing fourth overall.
In June my family rented a beach house for a week on Dauphin Island. We had so much fun fishing, laying out, walking on the beach, watching sunsets, crabbing, shrimping, kayaking, SUP boarding, eating delicious food, evening cocktails and relaxing. The weather could not have been better and like all vacations, it was hard to come home.
At the end of July, Jon and I went to Kentucky with some friends. We enjoyed the local pub and checked out a few bars. Our main reason for going was because on Saturday we were running in The Great American Beer run. This race was like no other one I have ever participated in. It was a 3 mile run with 4 beer stops along the course. People were dressed up in costumes and there was a band playing as we finished the race so it was a fun experience. I guess I should not call it a race because we were not racing at all. Also on the trip we stopped at a few Winery's for some wine tasting. This was such a fun experience. The vineyards were gorgeous and the wine was delicious. It was a great trip!!
We had a busy summer and had some great times. I'm sad to see the summer end but excited to see what the Fall has to bring.
Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's been a pretty wonderful summer little lady. I'm a wee bit jealous of your time spent at that Dauphin Island house! Hope you're doing wonderful. You love lovely!

    ReplyDelete